We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
"My baby a few days crying all the time, what to do?" Our specialist, Dr. Di Mascio, a pediatrician in Paris, answers Pauline's question.
The answer of Dr. Béatrice Di Mascio, pediatrician in Paris *
- The cry is a means of communication that allows the baby to express a need, an emotion, a sensation, a discomfort, a pain ... In the first days of life, it is not always easy to decode them for the mother.
- The baby needs to cry to communicate and to signify that he wants something: a hug, to eat, to be changed, to sleep ... Some babies cry more than others and it is not uncommon to see them crying at certain times of the day, regularly.
- A few days old baby who cries all the time does not make a whim but means that something is wrong. But just because your baby is crying a lot does not mean that you are a bad mother! There may be different reasons for the baby's crying: he may be born after a traumatic birth, he may have an intolerance to cow's milk, he has a gastro-oesophageal reflux ... He may also start colic of the infant.
- It is not normal for a baby to cry unceasingly. Do not let him cry and you must talk to the pediatrician. He will look for the possible causes of his tears in order to find solutions to relieve and calm him.
* Author of My child from birth to kindergarten (Albin Michel)
Interview by Frédérique Odasso
All our baby expert answers